Friday, January 24, 2014

Work I am Most Proud Of


I’d have to say that the artwork that I am most proud of is my screen-printed t-shirts.  Not only was this project time consuming, challenging, and fun, but it was also a new experience for me.  I’ve never screen-printed before so being able to try something different and get off photoshop was really neat.  Although I really love working in photoshop and designing on the computer, it was awesome for our class to do some hands-on designing that would change our perspectives.  I knew that I wanted to do a pumpkin and a sailboat right when Mrs. Noack first told us about the assignment.  For the pumpkin, I knew that I wanted to actually make it look like a unique pumpkin, not some clipart immature design. One thing that really got me excited about doing the pumpkin was that I always wanted a pumpkin shirt but I didn’t want to spend money to find a perfect one that wasn’t little-kid style, by doing this project, I could make a design that I like and would actually wear.  Better yet, I would get to make the shirt by myself and get comments from people thinking I bought it! Next, the sailboat design was really meaningful to me because I feel like it really captured the essence of design.  Simplicity is key and by creating a sailboat that wasn’t complicated made the shirt look more professional.  By having a sailboat as my design, I got to share my new skill with others because I gave a pillowcase sailboat design to my dad, my sailing buddy, as a Christmas present!  I really do believe that this assignment brought out my best work.  I didn’t need a bunch of nice comments to prove that my work was good. I genuinely worked really hard and thought a lot about my designs.  Even through the cutting out of the pumpkin and sailboat was tough, the hard work payed off into something that I could keep forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment