Friday, January 24, 2014

Memorable Experiences


One of the most memorable experiences I’ve had from this semester was definitely all our talks we’ve had about our work.  Never have I had a class in which we take a the time as a group to discuss each individual’s work and how it could be improved.  It was so helpful and eye-opening to here and give feedback.  We would spend half the class working on an assignment, print, critique, and go back to make necessary changes that would better the designs.  This has impacted my learning because I was able to see other’s ideas that would make my projects more relatable and fun to create.  Another experience that I will never forget is visiting VIA, twice! We were fortunate enough to be able to visit VIA more than once.  Our class is always so enthusiastic and invested in what we’re doing and because of this, going to VIA again was such an easy.  We got to learn so much from the professionals at VIA and I think the fact that I got to have a real-life experience with the workforce in graphic design, changed my perspective and made us work harder.  A final memorable experience is the general fact that our class worked so well together.  I think having such a change in class size, from twenty to six really helped us to learn better.  We all worked so well together and collaborated.  Because we are all so different, we had fresh ideas.  Everyone was always so excited to learn and we always accepted new thoughts.  Our close-knit group also worked well together in the sense that we all became friends.  I think as a team, with Mrs. Noack, we all can really achieve a lot.  It’s been amazing what we’ve accomplish and no matter who were worked with, we seemed to make flawless designs that we didn’t think we were capable of.  Overall, these experiences will stay with me forever and because of this class, I will be pursuing some type of graphic design in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment