Thursday, January 23, 2014

BBM Tennis Tournament T-Shirt



Purpose: 

To use creative problem-solving skills to design a t-shirt for an annual tennis tournament that raises money for the Cancer Community Center of Maine;
To understand the importance of being involved in a real-life, authentic learning experience.

Reflection:

One thing I learned as a result of doing this project is being okay with parameters and guidelines.  It’s hard to create fresh ideas when things are limited to what we could and couldn’t have on each of the t-shirts.  I think the biggest challenge was making the colors work together on the front designs.  Because we had to use all four colors, some of the colors either contrasted or didn’t work together in the ways I was trying to design. Another thing I learned was that originality is key. I knew from previous projects that being creative is excellent, but with trying to create a new design for a t-shirt that has been around for many years is super hard.  Finally, I learned that taking others ideas is okay.  I was afraid at first to take others ideas fearing that I’d just copy them.  After creating shapes and images using others ideas, my designs turned out better because I could compare to others to see what was and wasn’t working in my t-shirt designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment