Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Adjective Designs: Positive and Negative Space



Indestructible


Intimidating


Spirited

Purpose:

To become familiar with Photoshop Shape and Selection Tools through experimentation and the creation of designs

To continue to communicate a message through the use of positive and negative shapes



Reflection:

One thing I learned throw this project was keeping things simple.  When I first started to create my designs for the adjectives, I tried to throw a bunch of ideas out at once into photoshop and didn’t come out as successful.  Once I created simpler designs, the adjectives I was trying to show became much clearer.  I also learned how to warp objects in photoshop.  This became extremely handy when I wanted to fit certain shapes together.  Also, by using the warp tool, I could avoid the problem of having recognizable shapes automatically!  Finally, I learned that sharper objects and edges lead to indestructible and intimidating, while flowing, softer edges showed more of a spirited look.


No comments:

Post a Comment