Thursday, January 23, 2014

Magazine Cover Designs



Purpose:

To use knowledge and tools of Photoshop, along with conceptual design to create a magazine cover for a fictitious magazine.



Reflection:


Black and white texts and having light and dark colors contrasting for titles helped me a lot throughout the assignment.  I wanted to create enough contrast between the title and subtitles so that they both stood out.  I knew before I started working on the assignment, I wanted to create an artsy look that had solid colors, not necessarily a Vogue or Seventeen feel.  By having the girl with bright colors and being in front of the text, it helped to pop on the magazine cover. I also used the importance of boldness.  I chose certain font and color choices to make the titles eye-catching while matching the color themes.  These are important in my future work so I can know what to look for in other projects.  This assignment opened my eyes to what worked well together and what things didn’t.  Finally, I believe that if this magazine were real, it would be really fun and interesting to create future magazines that were consistent with the theme. Bold colors and patterns can be created in different ways and it would be cool to experiment with future covers.

I think that my magazine cover design deserves a rating of 3.  I do believe that it pops out and people would want to pick it up and read what’s inside.  Like I said earlier, I knew I wanted a unique and simple magazine cover. When I looked through the magazine covers on pinterest, I found bold, simple, and contrasting colors that worked well with each magazine.   When people think of dance, they think of elegance and maybe a more sophisticated-looking magazine, but I wanted to go the opposite way and create a new look.  Also, my stories for my magazine are really appropriate.  One thing I regret looking back on the project, is possibly choosing a new title font.  I like how it contrasts with the rest of the magazine while still creating an elegant tone that people associate with dance, although, I wish I experimented a little more with different fonts.



No comments:

Post a Comment